These ROOT-WORDS are cord,cour,cor & court which are in a double-form. Although the words on the list look as if they come from the same root they do not. One is from the Latin COR - COUR - CORD and means of the HEART. The other is from the French COURT and means of the COURT. You will note that the first nine are from the Latin; the list then gives you the words from the French. Be careful.
1. Core : COR e (kore) n.
The heart; central part; as the core of the apple
2. Cordial : CORD ial (kor’ jal) adj.
Cheerful; with warmth; with heart
3. Cordially : CORD ially (korj’ a lee) adv.
In a hearty manner
4. Courage : COUR age (kur’ ij) n.
5. Courageous : COUR ageous (ku ray’ jus) adj.
Full of bravery
6. Cordiality : CORD iality (kor jee al’ it ee) n.