Know Your Next Word : laugh
1. laugh :
verb & noun :
1. to express mirth, pleasure, derision, or nervousness with an audible, vocal expulsion of air from the lungs that can range from a loud burst of sound to a series of quiet chuckles and is usually accompanied by characteristic facial and bodily movements
2. to produce a sound resembling human laughter
3. to utter with laughter
1. He laughed his consent.
2. After all the advance publicity, the prizefight turned out to be a laugh.
3. They stopped laughing at the unusual theory when it was found to be predictive.
4. We can learn to laugh a little at even our most serious foibles.
5. He had received threats but laughed them off as the work of a crank.
6. a daredevil who laughed at danger
Click Here to Know Your Next Word