Know Your Next Word : money
1. money :
noun & adjective :
1. any circulating medium of exchange, including coins, paper money and demand deposits
2. gold, silver, or other metal in pieces of convenient form stamped by public authority and issued as a medium of exchange and measure of value
3. any article or substance used as a medium of exchange, measure of wealth, or means of payment, as checks on demand deposit or cowrie
4. property considered with reference to its pecuniary value
5. of or pertaining to money
6. of or pertaining to capital or finance
Did you bring some money?
She was brought up with money.
not for love or money
Have you seen my little money purse?
the money business