Know Your Next Word : own
4. own :
adjective & noun :
1. of, pertaining to, or belonging to oneself or itself
2. to have or hold as one's own
4. to acknowledge or admit
5. to confess (often followed by to, up (or) up to)
1. He insists on being his own doctor.
2. They own several homes.
3. He owned his child before the entire assembly.
4. They owned the king as their lord.
5. She finally came into her own as a sculptor of the first magnitude.
6. He can hold his own in any fight.
7. She had never had a room of her own.
Click Here to Know Your Next Word
Follow These Links!