The ROOT-WORD is the Suffix URE. It means STATE OF, ACT, PROCESS & RANK. It makes a noun out of an adjective. See overt, literat, temperat and signat. It is good to remember this for conveniently changing a part of speech. Besides it gives a very fine form to a word, both in writing and in speech
1. Censure :cens URE (sen’ chur) v.
To find fault with; to blame
2. Aperture :apert URE (ap’ er chur) n.
An opening; a hole; as, an aperture in a wall
3. Culture :cult URE (kul’ chur) n.
Result of development in education, art, and mode of life
4. Exposure :expos URE (ek spoe’ zhur) n.
State of being laid open; bare of protections or concealment
5. Immature :immat URE (im a tyur’) ajd.
6. Future :fut URE (fyu’ chur) n.
That time this is yet to come
7. Judicature :judicat URE (jude’ i ka chur) n.
Court of justice; judges collectively
8. Legislature :legislat URE (jej’ i slay chur) n.
The collective body of persons who make the law
9. Overture :overt URE (o’ ver chur) n.
The opening piece of music in an opera; an introductory piece
10. Literature :literat URE (lit’ e ra chur) n.
The collective body of writings of the highest rank
11. Picture :pict URE (pik’ chur) n.
A representation through painting, drawing, or photography
12. Prefecture :prefect URE (pre’ fek chur) n.
The official residence of the prefect
13. Primogeniture :priomogenit URE (prie mo jen’ i tur) n.
The state of being the first born
14. Posture :post URE (pos’ chur) n.
State of one’s bearing;
15. Pressure :press URE (presh’ ur) n.
Force; painful force which causes distress
16. Procedure :proced URE (pro see’ jur) n.
Manner or method of a course of action
17. Tenure :ten URE (ten’ yur) n.
The act or right of holding
18. Temperature :temperat URE (tem’ pe ra chur) n.