A Word A Day : Figurative
Tuesday, 18th September 2007 : Today's Word is ...
( Adjective )
Pronunciation : fig'yur-e-tiv
1. Based on or making use of figures of speech
2. Containing many figures of speech
3. Represented by a figure or resemblance
4. Of or relating to artistic representation by means of animal or human
• It is difficult to understand his figurative
• These expressions, though figurative
, sufficiently indicated the bent of Mrs. Kathy.
Enjoy this list and then get around for preparing your own list of words. There is no better way of boosting your words power. The most effective way to build your vocabulary is described in the page on Word Power. Educational research has discovered that your I.Q. is intimately related to your Word Power. Take a standard Vocabulary test and then an intelligent test, the result in both will be substantially the same. The more extensive your vocabulary, the better your chances of success, other things being equal- success in attaining your educational goals, success in moving ahead in your business or professional career, success in achieving your intellectual potential.
Go to The A Word A Day Index
Synonyms and Antonyms
Longest Word |
From Figurative to HOME PAGE