Pronunciation : bay-náll-tee
1. conventional or dull ordinariness
2. an ordinary remark or feature that lacks originality
3. a trite or obvious remark
Origin : 1745–55
bromide, cliché, commonplace, platitude, stereotype, truism, triteness, predictability, ordinariness, dullness, triviality, facileness
coinage, innovation, nuance, original saying, originality
• The banality of the speaker's remarks put the audience to sleep.
• Television commercials are full of banalities.
• Banality is a terribly likely consequence of the underused of a good mind. That is why in particular it is a female affliction.
• Banality is a symptom of non-communication. Men hide behind their clichs.
• A mental disease has swept the planet: banalization presented with the alternative of love or a garbage disposal unit, young people of all countries have chosen the garbage disposal unit.
• banalization : Noun
• banal : Adjective
• banalities : Noun - Plural
Enjoy this list and then get around for preparing your own list of words. There is no better way of boosting your words power. The most effective way to build your vocabulary is described in the page on Word Power. Educational research has discovered that your I.Q. is intimately related to your Word Power. Take a standard Vocabulary test and then an intelligent test, the result in both will be substantially the same. The more extensive your vocabulary, the better your chances of success, other things being equal- success in attaining your educational goals, success in moving ahead in your business or professional career, success in achieving your intellectual potential.