What does the word Displace means?
By Louise, Denmark - 30th Sep. -2007
When you displace something, you usually take its place. Most of the time, this replacement is done forcibly.
• A growing number of employees in the old factory have been displaced by computers.
• According to this report, moderates are likely to be displaced by extremists.
• There’s no way that technology will displace teachers in schools and colleges.
Displace has another meaning as well.
When a group of people are displaced, they are forced to move from the place where they are living.
• The proposed dam will displace thousands of villagers.
• I am joining an organization that helps people who have been displaced.
Synonyms and Antonyms
From Displace to HOME PAGE