English Grammar IndexQuestions PageInfinitives :
From Infinitives to HOME PAGE
Rewrite the following sentence using the infinitive form of the BOLD words.
- Climbing mountains is very dangerous.
To climb mountains is very dangerous.
- Stealing others property is a crime.
To steal others property is a crime.
- Helping the poor is service to God.
To help the poor is service to god.
- Paneerselvan loves reading all types of books.
Paneerselvan loves to read all types of books.
- Speaking ill of others is a bad habit.
To speak ill of others is a bad habit.
- The House is not fit for living.
The House is not fit fir to live.
- Crossing the railway line without looking is dangerous.
To cross the railway line without looking is dangerous.
- He loves watching cricket match.
He loves to watch cricket match.
- Barath is confident that he will win the match.
Barath is confident to win the match.
- She wants learning music.
She wants to learn music.
- I want going.
I want to go.
- They hope succeeding in their attempt.
They hope to succeed in their attempt.
- He wanted writing a story.
He wanted to write a story.
- He desired becoming the king.
He desired to become the king.
- She wanted singing on that occasion.
She wanted to sing on that occasion.
- John was happy reading his letter.
John was happy to read his letter.
- Boys love playing cricket.
Boys love to play cricket.