A Word A Day : Pathology
Sunday, 28th October 2007 : Today's Word is ...
( Noun )
Pronunciation : pa-thólle-jee
1. The scientific study of the nature, origin, progress, and cause of disease
2. The processes of a disease, observable either with the naked eye or by microscopy, or, at a molecular level, as inferred from biochemical tests
3. A diseased condition
4. A condition that is a deviation from the normal
Late 16th century - French pathologie or modern Latin pathologia - Greek pathos - disease
• Plant pathology
is a compulsory subject for the Ph.D students.
• He studied a scan showing the area of suspected pathology
• Neighborhoods plagued by a self-perpetuating pathology
of joblessness, welfare dependency and crime.
Related Words :
Enjoy this list and then get around for preparing your own list of words. There is no better way of boosting your words power. The most effective way to build your vocabulary is described in the page on Word Power. Educational research has discovered that your I.Q. is intimately related to your Word Power. Take a standard Vocabulary test and then an intelligent test, the result in both will be substantially the same. The more extensive your vocabulary, the better your chances of success, other things being equal- success in attaining your educational goals, success in moving ahead in your business or professional career, success in achieving your intellectual potential.
A Word A Day|
Pathology to HOME PAGE