A Word A Day : fatigue
Friday, 20th June 2008 : Today's Word is ...
1. weariness from bodily or mental exertion
2. a cause of weariness; slow ordeal; exertion
3. temporary diminution of the irritability or functioning of organs, tissues, or cells after excessive exertion or stimulation
4. of or pertaining to fatigues or any clothing made to resemble them
5. to weary with bodily or mental exertion; exhaust the strength of
6. to become fatigued
Related Forms :
fatigueless : adjective
fatiguingly : adverb
Endless chatter fatigues me.
The guerrilla band wore fatigue pants and field jackets.
She brought fatigue shorts to wear on the hike.
the fatigue of driving for many hours
Enjoy this list and then get around for preparing your own list of words. There is no better way of boosting your words power. The most effective way to build your vocabulary is described in the page on Word Power. Educational research has discovered that your I.Q. is intimately related to your Word Power. Take a standard Vocabulary test and then an intelligent test, the result in both will be substantially the same. The more extensive your vocabulary, the better your chances of success, other things being equal- success in attaining your educational goals, success in moving ahead in your business or professional career, success in achieving your intellectual potential.
A Word A Day Index
From fatigue to HOME PAGE