A Word A Day : Bloated
Wednesday, 19th September 2007 : Today's Word is ...
Bloated( Adjective )
Pronunciation : blo'tid
1. Much bigger than desired
2. Swollen or distended beyond normal size by fluid or gaseous material
3. Swollen, as in certain lightweight aggregates for concrete, as a result of processing
4. To become very full due to too much liquid or gas, to swellSynonyms:
2. DeflatedContextual Examples:
• After the big dinner and dessert, we all felt bloated
• There was a mocking smile on the bloated
face which seemed to drive me mad.
Enjoy this list and then get around for preparing your own list of words. There is no better way of boosting your words power. The most effective way to build your vocabulary is described in the page on Word Power. Educational research has discovered that your I.Q. is intimately related to your Word Power. Take a standard Vocabulary test and then an intelligent test, the result in both will be substantially the same. The more extensive your vocabulary, the better your chances of success, other things being equal- success in attaining your educational goals, success in moving ahead in your business or professional career, success in achieving your intellectual potential.Go to The A Word A Day IndexSynonyms and Antonyms Vocabulary|English Teacher|Etymology|Longest Word |Letter Writing Proverbs|Misspelled Words|ContractionsFrom Bloated to HOME PAGE