Pronunciation : o'gest
1. Inspiring awe or admiration
2. Venerable for reasons of age or high rank
3. Profoundly honored
4. The eighth month of the year in the Gregorian calendar : The month following July and preceding September
Latin augustus, meaning lordly
• The august presence of the monarch in my wedding gave me happiness.
• About the 15th of August the vapors ejected had sensibly diminished in intensity and thickness.
Enjoy this list and then get around for preparing your own list of words. There is no better way of boosting your words power. The most effective way to build your vocabulary is described in the page on Word Power. Educational research has discovered that your I.Q. is intimately related to your Word Power. Take a standard Vocabulary test and then an intelligent test, the result in both will be substantially the same. The more extensive your vocabulary, the better your chances of success, other things being equal- success in attaining your educational goals, success in moving ahead in your business or professional career, success in achieving your intellectual potential.