Here are a few Useful Phrases for Business Letters.
The standard opening for formal correspondence is Dear.
• Dear Sir
• Dear Madam
• Dear Sir or Madam
• Dear Sirs
• Dear Mr.
• Dear Mrs.
• Dear Ms.
• Thank you for your letter of [date] concerning
• Thank you for sending me a [catalogue, quotation]
• Thank you for your enquiry of [date]
• I refer to your letter of [date] concerning
• Further to our telephone conversation of [date]
• I am writing to confirm our telephone conversation of [date]
• I would be grateful if you could forward me a [price list, catalogue]
• I am contacting you regarding
• I am writing to complain
• I apologise for the delay in replying
• As stated in your letter/fax of [date]
• I wish to draw your attention to the
• I wish to inform you that
• I am writing to inform you that
• I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with
• Please note that
• Please find enclosed
• I look forward to hearing from you
• I look forward to hearing your response
• I would be most grateful if you would look into this matter as soon as possible
• Please let me know as soon as possible what action you propose to take
• I trust that you will give this matter your urgent attention
• I hope you can settle this matter to my satisfaction
• Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require further information
• Please contact me if you require further details