Here are a few Useful Phrases for Social Correspondence.
The standard opening for personal correspondence is Dear but variations include:
• My dear …
• My dearest …
• Darling …
• Thank you for your letter [inviting, offering, confirming]
• I am very grateful to you for [letting me know, offering, writing]
• It was so kind of you to [write, invite, send]
• Many thanks for [sending, inviting, enclosing]
• I am writing to tell you that
• I am delighted to announce that
• I was delighted to hear that
• I am sorry to inform you that
• I was so sorry to hear that
Closures: For acquaintances and formal situations
• Best wishes.
• With best wishes.
• Kindest regards.
Closures: Affectionate variations for close friends and family
• All my love
• All the best
• Lots of love
• Much love
• With love
• Love from us both
• See you soon
• Once again many thanks
• I look forward to seeing you soon
• With love and best wishes
• With love to you all
• Do give my kindest regards to …
If you know the name of the person use:
• Yours sincerely
If you don’t know the name of the person use:
• Yours faithfully
• How to write a Successful CV?
• The Successful Application Letter is …
• A few Useful tips for getting your letter right.
• A few Useful Phrases for Business Letters.
• A few Useful Phrases for Employment.
• A few Useful Phrases for Social Purposes.
From Useful Phrases to HOME PAGE