This ROOT-WORD is PAN which means ALL. It is the most comprehensive ALL that can be used. No. 16 is the most inclusive of civil rights, even extending it to No. 9 where government is not only for all citizens but all citizens are the rulers. Wisely, the language has a word for that, too - No. 6. When all are rulers, PANdemonium cannot be far behind.
1. Panacea : PAN acca (pan a see’ a) n.
A cure for all ills
2. Panarchy : PAN archy (pan’ ar ki) n.
3. Pancratic : PAN critic (pan krat’ ik) adj.
Knowing all subjects
4. Pancreas : PAN creas (pan’ kree as) n.
A large gland in vertebrates
5. Pandemic : PAN demic (pan dem’ ik) adj.
Relating to all people; universal
6. Pandemonium : PAN demonium (pan de moe’ nee um) n.
Wild uproar as if all demons were let loose
7. Panegyric : PN egyric (pan e jir’ ik) n.
8. Pangenesis : PAN genesis (pan jen’ e sis) n.
A theory that claims that heredity is a result of all cells circulating freely in the body.
9. Pantisocracy : PAN tisocracy (pant i sok’ ra si) n.
A Utopia where all would rule equally
10. Panharmonic : PAN harmonic (pan har mon’ ik) adj.
In universal accord
11. Panhuman : PAN human (pan hyu’ man) adj.
Relating to all humanity
12. Panjandrum : PAN jandrum (pan jan’ durm) n.
A burlesque title for a pretentious official
13. Panmnesia : PAN mnesia (pan nee’ zhi a) n.
A theory that all mental impressions continue in the memory
14. Panopticon : PAN opticon (pan op’ ti kon) n.
A combination of telescope and microscope
15. Panorama : PAN orama (pan o ram’ a) n.
A picture unrolled, part by part, before the spectator
16. Panpolism : PAN polism (pan’ po liz um) n.
Equality of civic rights
17. Pansophy : PAN sophy (pan’ so fi) n.
18. Panthesism : PAN theism (pan’ thee iz um) n.
The doctrine that the forces and laws of the universe are equal to God
19. Pantheon : PAN theon (pan’ thee on) n.
A temple dedicated to all the gods
Etymology IndexFrom pan to HOME PAGE