tion, sion & ion
These ROOT-WORDS are the Suffixes ION, SION & TION meaning ACT OF, STATE OF & RESULT OF. It is very much in use. The most common of the forms are TION and SION. They are noun ending.
1. Diction: dic TION (dik’ shun) n.
The choice of words
2. Celebration: celebra TION (sel e bray’ shun) n.
The act of honoring some special event
3. Action: ac TION (ak’ shun) n.
Something done; way of performing
4. Dominion: domin ION (do min’ yun) n.
Authority over; absolute power over
5. Injection: inject TION (in jek’ shun) n.
Act of throwing in; forcing something in
6. Formation: forma TION (for may’ shun) n.
Act of giving form or shape
7. Infection: infec TION (in fek’ shun) n.
Result of contamination
8. Function: func TION (funk’ shun) n.
9. Junction: junc TION (junk’ shun) n.
A state of being connected joined
10. Limitation: limita TION (lim I tay’ shum) n.
State of being confined within a limited space, a set boundary
11. Location: loca TION (loe kay’ shun) n.
A place; a locality
12. Option: op TION (op’ shun) n.
The act of choosing; the choice
13. Partition: parti TION (par tish’ un) n.
The act of separating; division into elements
14. Purification: purifica TION (pyur I fi kay’ shoun) n.
The act of making pure
15. Question: ques TION (kwes’ chun) n.
The act of inquiring; that which is asked
16. Reflection: reflec TION (re flek’ shun) n.
An image thrown back; as a reflection in a mirror
17. Suspension: suspend SION (sus pen’ shun) n.
State of being stopped temporarily
18. Verification: verifica TION (ver I fi kay’ shun) n.
Act of giving proof; proven truth
19. Versification: versifica TION (ver si fi kay’ shun) n.
The act of expressing thought in verse form; pietic form
20. Vitrification: vitrifica TION (vi tri fi kay’ shun) n.
The act of being made into glass
Go to the Etymology Index Page