Is there a word for a Baby Hedgehog?
Until relatively recently there was no well established word for a baby hedgehog. Although the word kit had occasionally been used and sometimes pup or piglet, most books about mammals just called them baby or young hedgehogs.
However, by the early 1990s the word hoglet (or sometimes hedgehoglet) had been introduced and this word seems to have been in general use among those with an interest in hedgehogs since at least the mid-1990s.
• How many is a Billion?
• How do you describe a Person who does not eat meat, but eats fish?
• What is the word for an individual of arbitrary sex here?
• Besides Angry And Hungry, what is other English word that ends in -gry?
• Are there any Words with 5 Vowels in any order with no intervening...?
• I have read that the longest word is 1,909 letters long. Is this true?
• Is Bookkeeper the only word with 3 consecutive repeated letters?
• Is there a word for a Baby Hedgehog?
• Is there a term for the Study of Love?
• Is Deliverables a real word?
• Are there any words that only exist in the Plural Form?
• Are there any Word containing the same letter three times in a row?
• Are there any words that Rhyme With Orange?
• Are there words that contain The Letter Q without a U following it?
• Does Bimonthly mean twice a month or every two months?
• What is the feminine equivalent of Brethren?
• The name for a sentence that contains All 26 Letters of the alphabet:
• What are the Commonest English Words?
• What is the Third Word ending in -shion apart from cushion and fashion?
• Is there a word like Siblings for nephews and nieces collectively?
• Is there a word which describes the Fear of Friday the 13th?
• What is the collective term for a Group of Cats?
• What is the feminine equivalent of a Misogynist?
• What is the difference between Street and Road?
• What is the Longest English Word containing no letter more than once?
• What is the Frequency of Letters of the alphabet in English?
• Name of the common practice of forming A Word with 2 Capital Letters?
• What comes after Primary, Secondary, Tertiary?
• What is the feminine equivalent of Fraternal?
• Is there an Eight Letter Word with 5 Vowels in a row?
• What are the English Words which end in -dous?
• What is the Longest Word in the dictionary?
• What comes after once, twice, thrice?
• What is the longest one-syllable English word?
• What is the term used for a Prompt
• Name for a New Word coined by combining parts of existing words?
• What is the Name for a word that has Two Opposing Meanings?
• What is the word for a Fear Of?
• What is the opposite of Uxorious?
• What is the opposite of Nocturnal?
• What is the opposite of Juvenilia?
• What is the opposite of Hibernation?
• What is the opposite of Exceed?
• The Only Word in the English that ends with the letters -mt?
• What words in English containing two U’s in a row?
• What word contains the five vowels in the right order?
• The word for a word with more meanings based upon it's pronunciation?
• Unisex refer to something to do with both sexes, not just one sex. Why?
• What is the word for People Who Collect?
• What is the word for a word which is another word spelt backwards?
• The Word for words which sound like they are e.g. slush, slimy, etc.?
• The word that describes when two words that mean the opposite of each other are placed together?
From Baby Hedgehog to HOME PAGE