Why can't I find the word PERJORATIVE in my dictionary?
Because it is spelled Pejorative. This word does not contain the prefix per-. But This word is derived from the Latin word peior or pejor meaning worse.
• Fayre, Fair and Fare : Which Is Which?
• Are spellings like privatize and organize Americanisms?
• Can CANNOT also be written as two words CAN NOT?
• How do you spell Poppadom?
• Is there an apostrophe in the Plural of Pizza?
• E Words : What is the correct way to spell them?
• When is it correct to use a Hyphen?
• Why is YE used instead of THE in Antique English?
• What is the difference between Affect and Effect?
• Why is the letter F used instead of S in Old-Fashioned Spellings?
• Which is correct Caster Sugar or Castor Sugar?
• What is the difference between Learnt and Learned?
• Why can't I find the word PERJORATIVE in my dictionary?