ago, agi & ag
These ROOT-WORDS are AGI, AGO & AG which mean to MOVE, GO & DO. This is a lively ROOT always on the go. Every now and then the feminine form of a word is used as in No. 11. “ESS” is also feminine. No. 7 is well known, from the washing machine to the whole world where life goes on. The washing machine needs a quarter; man needs ROOTS to the language.
1. Agent : AG ent (ay’ jent) n.
One who does business for another; representative
2. Agency : AG ency (Ay’ jen see) n.
The office or function of an agent; as, an employment agency
3. Agenda : AG enda (a jen’ da) n.
The program of work to be done
4. Agential : AG entail (ay jen’ chul) adj.
Relating to the affairs of an agency
5. Agile : AG ile (aj’ il) adj.
Quick; active; as, an agile wit
6. Agility : AG ility (a jil’ it ee) n.
7. Agitate : AG itate (aj’ i tate) n.
Keep moving; excite; as, to agitate for rights
8. Agitation : AG itation (aj i ta’ shun) n.
Excitement; disturbance; as, civil rights agitation
9. Agitative : AG itative (aj’ i tay tiv) adj.
10. Agitator : AG itator (aj’ i tate r) n.
One who stirs up the public
11. Agitatrix : AG itatrix (aj i tay; trix) n.
A female agitator
12. Antagonist : ant AGO nist (an tag; o nist) n.
One who opposes another; an opponent
13. Antagonize : ant AGO nize (an tag’ o nize) v.
To act in opposition to; annoy
14. Agitant : AG itant (aj’ i tant) n.
One who is active in a course of action
15. Agogics : AG ogics (a goj’ iks) n.
Theory of relation between emphasis and length of tone
16. Agog : AG og (a gog’) adj.
Eager; astir; as, all agog at the news of war
17. Pedagogue : ped AGO gue (ped’ a gog) n.
18. Pedagogy : ped AGO gy (ped’ a goj ee) n.
The study of teaching methods
19. Synagogue : syn AGO gue (sin’ a gog) n.
A Jewish place of assembly for worship
20. Demagogue : dem AGO gue (dem’ a gog) n.
One who stirs people up for personal politics or profit
From Ago, agi & ag to HOME PAGE