bene,bon & boun
These ROOT-WORDS are BENE,BOUN & BON which means WELL & GOOD. As you see, the list is composed of ten words with each ROOT. Words No. 14, 15, 16 come from the French and they are really French, but the ROOT-BON comes from the Latin, to the French.
1. Benefit : BENE fit (ben’ e fit) n.
An advantage; as, the job has fringe benefits
2. Benefiter : BENE fiter (bon’ e fit er) n.
One who benefits; as the employee is the benefiter
3. Beneficial : FENE ficial (ben e fish’ al) adj.
Wholesome; as, bathing is beneficial
4. Benefactor : BENE factor (ben’ e fak tor) n.
One who benefits others
5. Benefaction : BENE faction (ben e fak’ shun) n.
A gift; a donation
6. Benefactress : BENE factress (ben’ e fak tres) n.
A female benefactor
7. Benedict : BENE dict (ben’ e dikt) n.
A male name which means “Blessed”
8. Benediction : BENE diction (ben e dik’ shun) n.
9. Benefice : BENE fice (ben’ e fis) n.
The gift of an income to a priest of a church
10. Benevolent : BENE volent (be nev’ o lent) adj.
Being good hearted; a well-wisher11. Bonny : BON ny (bob’ y) adj.
Sweet and attractive; as, a bonny child
12. Bonus : BON us (boe’ nus) n.
Extra benefits, usually extra pay
13. Bonanza : BON anza (bo nan’ za) n.
An unusually rich vein of gold or silver in a mine
14. Bonbon : BON bon (bon’ bon) n.
A small candy
15. Bonbonniere : BON bonniere (bon no nyar’) n.
A fancy dish or box for bonbons
16. Bon mot : BON mot (bone moe’) n.
A witty remark or repartee
17. Bonify : BON ify (bon’ i fie) n.
To convert into good
18. Bounty : BOUN ty (bount’ ee) n.
A reward; a gift; generosity
19. Bountiful : BOUN tiful (bount’ i ful) adj.
20. Bountifully : BOUN tifully (bount’ i fu lee) adv.
From bene to HOME PAGE