theo & the
are THE & THEO
which come from Theos meaning GOD
. There has not been room on the list for names like Theodore and Theodora which have the gracious meaning of “gift from God.” The only word with a Prefix is No. 19. The a is really ab which means away;
1. Thearchy : THE archy (thee’ ar ki) n.
Government under God
2. Theocracy : THEO cracy (the ok’ ra see) n.
Government directed by priests or clergy representing God
3. Theocentric : THEO centric (thee o sen’ trik) adj.
Assuming God to be the center
4. Theocrat : THEO crat (the’ o krat) n.
One who favors a theocracy
5. Theocratic : THEO critic (the o krat’ ik) adj.
Relating to a theocracy
6. Theocratically : THEO critically (the o krat’ i ka lee) adv.
In the manner of a theocracy
7. Theodicy : THE odicy (the od’ i see) n.
A defense of God’s justice
8. Theody : THE ody (thee’ od i) n.
A hymn in praise of God
9. Theogamy : THEO gamy (the og’ a mi) n.
The marriage of gods
10. Theolatry : THEO logaster (the ol’ a tri) n.
Worship of God
11. Theologaster : THEO logaster (the ol o gas’ ter) n.
A theological quack
12. Theology : THEO logy (the ol’ o jee) n.
The study of the elements of religion
13. Theologist : THEO logist (the ol’ o jist) n.
One versed in the study or religion
14. Theologize : THEO logize (the ol’ o jize) v.
Be occupied with religion
15. Theologian : THEO logian (the o lo’ jan) n.
A theological scholar, Same as No.13
16. Theomania : THEO mania (the o may’ ni a) n.
A condition in which the patient imagines himself to be God
17. Theomancy : THEO mancy (the’ o man si) n.
Divination by responses of divinely inspired oracles
18. Theomastix : THEO mastix (the o mas’ tiks) n.
A scourge to mortals designated by the divinity
19. Atheist : a THE ist (ay’ the ist) n.
One who does not believe in the existence of God