is the Prefix INTRA
which means WITHIN
. Notice how similar it is to INTER. Notice how careless pronunciation makes them sound almost exactly alike. The meaning is very different. In ancient days every city had a protective wall around it. Within the wall meant with the city. That is why sports or events within one city are still called INTRAmural.
1. Intracollegiate : INTRA collegiate (in tra ko lee’ ji at) adj.
Within the college
2. Intraschool : INTRA school (in tra skule’) adj.
Within the school
3. Intramural : INTRA mural (in tra myur’ al) adj.
Within the community or institution; as intramural sports
4. Intragroup : INTRA group (in tra grupe’) adj.
Within the group
5. Intracoastal : INTRA coastal (in tra kose’ tal) adj.
Within coastal water
6. Intracontinental: INTRA continental(in tra kon ti nen’ tal) adj.
Within the continent
7. Intradepartmental: INTRA departmental(in tra depart ment’ al) adj.
Within the department
8. Intradistrict : INTRA district (in tra dis’ trikt) adj.
Within the district
9. Intra-European : INTRA European(in tra yur o pee’ an) adj.
Within the boundaries of Europe
10. Intramarginal : INTRA marginal (in tra mar’ ji nal) adj.
Within the margins
11. Intranuclear : INTRA nuclear (in tra nyu’ klee ar) adj.
Within a nucleus
12. Intrabred : INTRA bred (in tra bred’) adj.
Mating within tribe or race
13. Intraglacial : INTRA glacial (in tra glay’ shal) adj.
Within a glacier
14. Intramolecular : INTRA molecular(in tra mo lek’ yu lar) adj.
Within the molecule
15. Intramontane : INTRA montane (in tra mon’ tane) adj.
Within a mountainous region
16. Intramundane : INTRA mundane (in tra mun’ dane) adj.
Within the material world
17. Intranational : INTRA national (in tra nash’ un al) adj.
Within the nation
18. Intraneural : INTRA neural (in tra nyur’ al) adj.
Within the nerve
19. Intraoral : INTRA oral (in tra or’ al) adj
Within the mouth
20. Intravenous : INTRA venous (in tra vee’ nus) adj.
Within the veins
intra to HOME POAGE