Secrets of Success :
SET # - 4
Here is List of The Top 200 Secrets of Success and the Pillars of Self-Mastery suggested by Robin S. Sharma who is The Author of the best seller The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
31. Stress is simply a response which you create in the interpretation of an event. Two people
might find that a given event results in quite different responses. For example, an after
dinner speech might strike fear into the heart of an inexperienced speaker while a strong
orator views it as a wonderful opportunity to share his thoughts. Understanding that the
perceived negative effects of an event or task may be mentally manipulated and
conditioned towards the positive, will allow you to be a peak performer in all instances.
32. Read "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People" by Stephen Covey. It contains a
wealth of wisdom and powerful insights into further developing your character and
enhancing your personal relationships.
33. Become a committed audio-tape user. Most personal-mastery programs and books are
now offered in this format. Listen to these inspirational materials on your way to work,
whilst waiting in the line at a bank or while you wash dishes in the evening. Make your
car a college on wheels and use the drive time to make knowledge your best friend. All
down time can be very effectively used in this productive fashion. Use such opportunities
to learn and continually expand your mind and its vast potential.
34. Try fasting one day every two weeks. During these fast days, drink fruit juice and eat
fresh fruits only. You will feel more energetic, cleansed and alert. Fasting also has a
salutary effect on your will-power as you are subverting the otherwise pressing impulses
in your mind calling on you to eat more.
35. Keep a radio-cassette player at your office and listen to soft, soothing music throughout the day. Place pleasant scents and inspirational pictures in your workplace. By the magic of association, your work will become something you enjoy even more and arouse a very pleasant feeling within you. Budget your time on trips such that you can spend half an hour in the airport bookstore. They always contain the latest and best self-mastery books and tapes given that those who travel by air are of a group that finds value in these materials.
36. Read "As a Man Thinketh" by James Allen. And don't just read this little book once, read it over and over again. It contains an abundance of timeless wisdom on living a fuller and happier life.
37. Remember that forgiveness is a virtue that few develop, but one that is most important to maintaining peace of mind. Mark Twain wrote that forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it. Practice forgiveness especially in those situations where it is seemingly difficult. By using your emotional forgiveness muscles more regularly, petty wrongs, remarks and slights will not touch you and nothing will penetrate your concentrated, serene mindset.
38. Empty your cup. A full cup cannot accept anything more. Similarly, a person who believes that he cannot learn anything else will stagnate quickly and not move to higher levels. A true sign of a secure, mature individual is someone who sees every opportunity as a chance to learn. Even the teachers have teachers.
39. The Two Minute Mind is an excellent exercise for developing concentration. Simply stare at the second hand on your wristwatch for two minutes and think about nothing else for that time. At first your mind will wander but after 21 days of practice, your attention will not waver during the routine. One of the greatest qualities a person can develop to ensure his success is the ability to focus for extended periods of time. Learn to build up your concentration muscles and no task will be too difficult for you.
40. Drink a cup of warm water before a speech. Ronald Reagan employed this strategy to ensure that he maintained his honey-smooth voice. Mastery of the art of public speaking is a noble goal. So dedicate yourself to it. You will be judged by the calibre of your communication skills.
The Complete Set of Secrets of Success….
PREVIOUS PAGE |
Secrets of Success
To HOME PAGE
Your first paragraph ...